We all want a better position on the internet that guarantees us to achieve the proposed objectives, and sometimes we have a dilemma about the way forward in the choice of advertising platforms. Here we are going to do an analysis that allows you to have elements to improve decision-making. Let's start by defining terms:
What are Ads?
They are the platforms available to carry out paid advertising campaigns to gain visibility, traffic, Branding or Performance (Conversion). In this article we are going to focus specifically on two platforms, Google ads and Facebook ads.
What is Google Ads?
It is Google's online advertising program that allows you to create online ads at the time people perform a search.
- Google Ads is used to promote businesses, sell products or services, get noticed, and increase website traffic.
- Google Ads accounts are managed online, so you can create and change an ad campaign at any time, including ad copy, settings, and budget allocation.
- It is an attractive option because there are no minimum investment requirements.
- You can choose where the ad will appear.
- You can set a budget that works for you, and most importantly, you can easily measure the impact you're having.
What is Facebook Ads?
They are the paid ads on Facebook that allow you to reach the target audience that interacts on that social network.
- The ads, which can be text, images and video, appear in users' News Feeds and on the Facebook home page.
- Allows you to post ads on Instagram, Audience Network and Messenger.
- With these ads you can promote Facebook pages, Facebook Events pages, websites and mobile applications.
Differences between the Google Ads and Facebook Ads platforms
Better than ensuring which is better than the other, it will be to establish differences that allow you to define when it is more advantageous for you to choose one or the other, depending on your need and especially, where your target audience is.
- In Google, users start the search process because they have a need and your ad appears, using keywords in the search process.
- It allows to establish schedules and territories of the announcements.
- Almost always their goal is to drive traffic to a web page.
- It allows you to improve the branding of your brand.
- Google's design is very limited, as it only allows you to show text in ads through searches. To share images or videos, you can only publish them on your display network.
- Something positive is that you can count on testimonials that will help reinforce your message.
- It allows you to segment the target audience according to their location, age and gender, level of education, interests, devices used by users. People come to Facebook looking for entertainment and your ad appears.
- The design options are much broader, you can include an image at the top of the ad and some descriptive text on top.
Google Ads vs. facebook ads
- Remarketing campaigns can be carried out on both platforms and thus boost sales.
- Both are suitable for any type of business to promote campaigns.
- On both platforms you must be consistent for your strategy to work.
- Basically, both platforms will charge you only for the clicks that are made on the ad and not for the times that it is displayed. The cost may vary depending on the type of campaign and the product or service.
The advertising scheme of each of these two platforms is divided as follows:
- advertising on youtube
- in the applications
- Google Maps
- Shopping and display network.
- Social networks (Facebook and Instagram)
- market place
- Fan Page
When you learn to get the most out of both platforms, your business will grow exponentially.